Often times, we don’t get along. Or even remote listen to each other. But, last night, I had an amazing conversation with my mom. I love her and miss her. Some old medical issues are resurfacing… so I called for her advice, and she had more insight than I would have anticipated.
“Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work.” - Oswald Chambers.
- In July, I wrote in my journal that 10/8 would yield an unexpected check. My paycheck deposited on 10/8 was mysteriously $300 more than it should have been.
- I have been praying that someone in Chi Alpha would preach on 1 Cor 12-14. Our retreat speaker spoke on those chapters.
- Been praying for clarity and a game plan, and I believe that God shed some light on that at retreat.
- Not to mention, a number of prayers that I have been praying specifically for individuals are being answered…
- …and many of the prayers we prayed last year at Weds night prayer and the year before in 24/1 prayer are coming to fruition.
I’m trying to force myself to fall asleep… in a beautiful house with the beach a few steps from my door. Oh, Chi Alpha beach retreat- I love thee. Before I leave the ocean, I want to make sure that the lessons that I learned here leave with me. Here is a quick recap, possibly foreshadowing some future posts.
In no particular order, here are ten points I am taking away from this weekend.
- I know God, I am known by God, and God knowingly works through me to help others to know Him better.
- I actually like myself when I’m connected to God and serving Him. Imagine that.
- Loving people sometimes means speaking the truth as much as God has enabled you to, and then leaving them the freedom to [or to not] seek the truth on their own.
- Taking a step back from people’s lives is hard for me, but necessary because life has nothing to do with me. There are people that I care about that I need to give room to decide [or not] to seek truth. God is big enough to represent Himself.
- I need to realize that the “[or not]” is actually a possibility. And, that I don’t have the power to change someone’s decision to not seek or act on the truth.
- He’ll do it in His time and His way…. but God does answer prayer and He always fulfills His promises.
-The key is the possessive pronoun. God does not always fulfill His promise the way I interpret that it would be filled.
- I need to continue going deeper in faith, encouraging others to do the same. Whatever the cost, I need to continue walking forward toward the cross.
- Also, I need to figure out who my support network is and where my community is based… for the long term. And, I need to be intentional in that regard.
- God has blessed me with a great friends for this leg of my journey… possibly well beyond.